Location The person appointed will be based at our office at 28, Hill Street Belfast. You may from time to time be required to travel to visit clients, attend networking events or any other activity that may be relevant to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- communicating internally with Head of Department, other team members, support staff and finance department and externally with clients, referrers and other third parties
- planning and prioritising case load
- adhere to the firm’s financial policies of time recording, invoicing and debt recovery according to agreed aims
- maintaining existing clients with high standards of client care
- developing and taking part in marketing and networking initiatives
- assisting Head of Department and other team members as required including holiday cover
- conduct and develop a caseload of clients under supervision of Head of Department with a particular emphasis personal injury and clinical negligence (Plaintiff) litigation.
Any job offer will be subject to satisfactory references which will not be taken up until after interview.
It is essential that the applicant have the following qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience.
- minimum of 4 years post qualification experience in litigation
- Driving Licence
- ability to identify risk and carry out effective risk management
- excellent communicator
- excellent team player
- ability to work autonomously
- ability to supervise and manage support staff
- ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities
- ability to manage challenging clients professionally and with appropriate empathy
- initiative and desire to be able to raise the firm’s profile and recognise business opportunities
- commercial awareness
- adept in use of MS Office, particularly Word, and case management system
- decision maker with an eye for attention to detail and ability to deliver high professional standards of service and client care
Knowledge & experience required
- Thorough knowledge and experience of both County Court and High Court procedures
- Experience of managing a broad range of clients
Personal characteristics required
- Ability to inspire and motivate self and colleagues
- Commitment to delivering a high standard of service
- Taking ownership for informed decisions and delivering high quality outcomes
- High degree of personal integrity and commitment to fairness, diversity and equality
- Willingness to participate in business development of the department and firm outside of office hours
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com