If you like our news articles, subscribe here to receive our newsletter.
If you have separated from your partner, or the mother or father of your child, our Bitesize Blog will help you get to grips with the legal jargon and in turn help you understand better the legal process you are going through.

Here we will explain, in plain language, the kind of terms you may come across as you and your partner resolve how to parent your child separately, whether this is through solicitors or with the help of the Court.
If a Contact Order or Residence Order has been directed by the Court and one parent does not adhere to the terms, for example if one parent refuses to permit contact at the time ordered by the Court, the other parent can bring the case back to Court to enforce the Order. This application is known as a ‘Contempt Summons’ because the parent who has breached the Court Order is in contempt of Court.
The Court has a range of powers when dealing with a parent who has breached an order, to include imposing a fine on that parent or sending them to prison.